Hi Ian,

> Nominally the manual should be packaged with the release, but in the
> absence of that, should we archive off the 1.0x manual in to the 1.00
> release folder (minus 'cvs' bits?)
>
> Then maintain the website version as pertaining to the current
> version, be it cvs/alpha/etc, until next release when we again archive
> it?
>
> Would strike me as clearer to understand, and easier to maintain.

How about having the `User Manual' in the left-hand column at
http://arcem.sourceforge.net/ link to a page listing the versions
available.  One per release available for download and one for the
development AKA CVS version.  They can also appear indented as for other
headings on that front page.  That also provides the opportunity for the
arcem binary to open a URL for its matching documentation.

Cheers, Ralph.