We are proud to announce that the migration to Git packaging succeeded! 🥳

Thanks to everyone who has helped during the migration!

Package sources are now available on
[GitLab](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/packaging/packages). Note that
the bugtracker is still [flyspray](https://bugs.archlinux.org) and that merge
requests are not accepted as of now.
We intend to open the issue tracker and merge requests on the Gitlab package
repos in the near future.

Mirrors are syncing again, but it may take a bit of time until your mirror of
choice has caught up.

## For users

Update your system and merge the pacman pacnew `/etc/pacman.conf.pacnew` file.
This is required as we have moved the `[community]` repository into `[extra]`.

    $ pacman -Syu "pacman>=6.0.2-7"`

For users of the now deprecated `asp` tool, you will need to switch to `pkgctl`:

    $ pacman -Syu "devtools>=1:1.0.0-1"
    $ pkgctl repo clone linux

For some more detailed instructions on how to obtain PKGBUILDs see the
corresponding wiki
[article](https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_build_system#Retrieve_PKGBUILD_source).

## For packagers

Before starting, first uninstall `devtools-git-poc` and remove any repos from
your filesystem that you cloned during the git proof-of-concept testing.

Make sure you have both, an updated devtools and pacman on your system:

    $ pacman -Syu "devtools>=1:1.0.0-1"
"pacman>=6.0.2-7"`

Additionally clean up old chroots in `/var/lib/archbuild/`

    $ rm -rf /var/lib/archbuild/
    # or optionally, use the --clean option for pkgctl build *ONCE*
    $ pkgctl build --clean

For instruction on how to use `pkgctl`, please take a look at the "How to
be a packager" wiki
[article](https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager)
and also consult the man page of each subcommand for further information:

    $ man pkgctl-build
    $ man pkgctl-repo-clone