Jan de Groot schrieb:
Finally we have an opensource, free, alternative java platform available
that's compatible to the official Sun JDK. Our OpenJDK6 package is based
on a mercurial checkout of icedtea6 and is built with the latest Sun
OpenJDK GPL'ed sources.
OpenJDK comes with Java Web Start and a native browser plugin for both
i686 and x86_64.
We would like to make openjdk6 our default java enviornment and
deprecate any use of gcc-gcj/java-gcj-compat, except for the packages
required to build openjdk6.
Please give openjdk6 some testing and report bugs when you find them.

The java plugin seems to work nice. However, the font is ugly when it first asks for a path to a temporary directory. I have the same ugly fonts when I launch tvbrowser.