Aaron Griffin wrote:
On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Allan McRae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have set up a repo with an ncurses version that only has wide-charater
libraries and rebuilt as many packages as I knew needed a rebuild.  See
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/ncursesw for details and the
repo location.   There are about a dozen build failures that I haven't
looked into yet.

I am using the packages now and have yet to find a problem so I would
appreciate some testing from others, especially people using other locales.
 Only word of caution is that I haven't used ldd on the kde packages yet so
there may be some rebuilds there that I don't know about.  Also I had to do
a version bump of util-linux-ng and a patchlevel bump on vi.

Just making this more visible. I can test this and all, but I'm
sitting here in en_US mode, so it'd be appretiated if some people who
use other locales, especially those that typically cause us issues
(ru?) could test - this includes users as well.

Let me know.

Giving this one final bump before I move the rebuilds to testing. I have had some reports from people with European locales that things are working and some improvements have been noticed. Anybody using Russian or Asian locales who can give this a test? Contact me if x86_64 builds would be useful in testing and I can start those builds now.

Thanks,
Allan