Dusty Phillips schrieb:
a) is WTF.  I just checked the current state of the db.tar.gz and they
seem to contain packages that reporead claims were removed. So it
doesn't look like anything is breaking the db.tar.gz. It seems more
like reporead is not reading the whole file. But its still possible
the db.tar.gz has been fixed since the error occurred.

Just an idea here: Instead of removing deleted packages from the db, we could add a "deleted on" column with a date in it. archweb will only display the lines which have this set to NULL. When we delete a package, we set this to the current date/time. When we readd a package, all the maintainer info (and probably other stuff) is still there (as readding is simply setting the field to "NULL" again). Only when a package has been deleted for at least 2 weeks, a cleanup script removes it from the database.

This will save us MUCH trouble next time reporead has a bug like this.