Aaron Griffin wrote:
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Allan McRae <al...@archlinux.org> wrote:
Thomas Bächler wrote:
Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
It is now in the repos, haven't run db yesterday.
As long as aufs/unionsfs issue is not solved it cannot move in [core], i
don't use any of those so some help here would be appreciated.
This is what I think we should do:

- Drop unionfs
- Apply aufs-standalone.patch from
http://git.c3sl.ufpr.br/gitweb?p=aufs/aufs2-standalone.git;a=tree;h=88c15502f9aed863f6f6fbb8104a9496b8f888cd;hb=88c15502f9aed863f6f6fbb8104a9496b8f888cd
(this is already the 2.6.29 version, and the patch does not do anything
bad, it only exports some functions which weren't exported before)
- Now, it should be possible to compile aufs2 as an external module by
checking out the above repo and running "make".
- Build aufs2 utils which are also available on the same server.

I think Aaron agreed with me on that in Jabber. Opinions?

Problems: devtools and ISOs need to be moved from unionfs to aufs2.
How hard would it be to convert from using unionfs to aufs2 in devtools?

Very easy. Minor changes to the mount syntax.

Great. Any chance of a patch now the kernel without unionfs is in [core]? I don't have time to look into this at the moment but would like to continue using the build tools...

Allan