Hello,

For the past ten years (and several days) I have been the guy maintaining Python itself and some libraries in Arch. It's been a long journey and I learned a lot from it.

I was a web back-end developer back then, and I used Arch as the base OS of our company's servers and system-wide Python packages as the runtime. The server and website are still running today, but I am no longer developing Python very frequently these days. Plus, Python's type-hinting has been a headache for me for years and lowered my interest in contributing to upstream projects a lot.

In the past, the large cross-minor-version Python rebuilds were done with either Evangelos' rebuilder or my own island solution. I understand Arch's striving to improve bus factor and formalizing process, so I am making room for others to try on the 3.11 and 3.12 rebuilds. As Jelle has progressed a lot now, I feel it's approaching the right time for me to step down as the Python maintainer.

I will be disowning many of my no longer used Python module packages in the following days, so that they could find a better maintainer either in the Arch team, or later in the AUR if they are going to be dropped.

Please also consider adopting the main python package and let me know :)

--
Regards,
Felix Yan