Hi all,

The long delayed GHC 9.2.x updates have been done and moved to [extra-testing]. There are a few notable changes regarding our GHC packaging:

- Codegen backend has been switched back to NCG for multiple reasons:
= GHC doesn't support latest LLVM and was using llvm14 in Arch. This adds up to our maintenance burden of LLVM. (IIRC LLVM 15 support was fixed only recently.) = LLVM backend actually generates slower code. We have evaluated the changes during the past years and noticed as large as 50% slower results in some benchmarks. I also got similar information from other distribution people. = LLVM backend sometimes deadlocks on compile-time. I hit this from time to time and it's not easy to reproduce reliably. (There are similar
issues that are always reproducible, but got fixed already.)

All `--ghc-option=-fllvm` has been removed from PKGBUILDs during the rebuild.

- Build system of GHC itself has been switched to Hadrian.

- Some obsolete packages have been retired from the distribution, and will be removed once the batch enters [extra]:

  haskell-bytestring-show haskell-random-source haskell-brittany
  haskell-hls-brittany-plugin haskell-hls-tactics-plugin
  haskell-hls-haddock-comments-plugin

A lot of thanks to @Vekhir who helped me a lot for preparing this so that it's done much earlier and smoother than I expected :)

As always, please report any issues and have fun!

--
Regards,
Felix Yan