Paul Ezvan wrote:
Are you running thunderbird on the same machine which runs dovecot ? I tried to reproduce the bug whith my remote server using dovecot. But when I close thunderbird, the problem occurs on my local machine (kaddressbook takes 100% of the cpu and is not killed by kill -9), and everything is ok on the server. Very strange isn't it ?

Yup, very strange indeed.

I've not tried this with T'bird running on the server. Both times I saw this was with it running on remote machines (one Linux, one Windows). I'm pretty sure T'bird is somehow a factor (either directly or indirectly) as I'm not seeing this problem when I use Squirrelmail for the MUA.

Would love to get this worked out, as I've had to downgrade my kernel (and, as a result, heimdal ... and, as a result, openssh) to avoid this problem.

DR