Damien Churchill skrev:
2009/7/29 Fredrik Eriksson <fredrik.eriks...@gigabit.nu>:
Hi,
I've seen that there's a dynamic update ddos attack that is widely available
on the net and after looking for the solution it seems that bind's latest
patch (9.6.1-P1) solves this problem.

So my question is more like this, is extra/bind 9.6.1-1 in the repository
the same as bind 9.6.1-P1?
The build date of the current package in extra/ says the 18 July but the
homepage of BIND says the latest patch was published the 28 July.

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson

Judging by the Ubuntu package version it is P2 that fixes the current
ddos issue, not read too much into it though so I could be wrong.

I checked their mail sent (again just to be sure :P) to FD this morning. Their patches were for versions 9.3.2-2, 9.4.2 P2 and 9.5.0 P2.

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson