On Monday 01 of March 2010 20:58, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>       Working through the setup of my new server, I rad across a wonderful
> hidden time-saver in /etc/pam.d/su. If you have configured sudo in the
> normal way by providing sudo access to members of the 'wheel' group, you
> can avoid having to type the root password to 'su' by uncommenting the
> following line in /etc/pam.d/su:

<snip>

In my own personal opinion, su shouldn't be passwordless.

You can use sudo -i combined with NOPASSWD in sudoers instead. After all,
you have sudo installed, and you are giving someone instant access .

--
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to
understand.