On 03/24/2010 09:34 AM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
2. Once a package is installed from the AUR, when I do a system
upgrade via Pacman, will outdated packages I installed via AUR get
automatically upgraded or do I have to do all my AUR packages
manually?

Pacman does not upgrade AUR packages. Only packages from core, extra, or community. So you need to manually update AUR packages.

So what you should do is create an account for yourself on the AUR, then log in to the site, go to the page for that package, and click "notify". Then you'll be notified when new messages appear on that package's AUR page - and so you'll find out when the PKGBUILD has been upgraded to a new version.

DR