On 04/23/2010 03:35 PM, Patrick Baumgart wrote:
Am Freitag, den 23.04.2010, 11:07 +0200 schrieb Manne Merak:
On 04/23/2010 09:19 AM, Robert Howard wrote:
Works fine here. KDE4.4+Compiz with a pair of GTX 295's. Can't tell any
difference between new and old.

On Apr 23, 2010 2:32 AM, "Manne Merak"<manneme...@gmail.com>   wrote:

I see there are some discussions going on the nvidia, KDE and arch forums
about the performance of KDE 4.4 and latest nvidia driver, no results yet as
I can see.
My current setup with 190.53 works fast and snappy (no special xorg param);
but updating to anything later drops performance by a factor, so I resisted
upgrading nvidia.  Now with the latest kernel update I cannot keep the
190.53 driver.
Anyone have a solution for performance tweaking the latest KDE and nvidia
combo?  (I dont want to get too out of sync with the updates).

Manne

Yes, it is a KDE rendering problem.  Compiz works fine, so could be a
possibility if all else fails.

Manne
I have updated to 195.36.15-2. And many things got quite worse.
I have no idea where to search for details or find out why it is going
sooo slow in some programs. But it happened.

I can't use an older driver because of kernel. And so I have to live
with worse performance until next driver update.

For Example: I play Tibia. normaly I got a Framerate of at least 50 fps
and much more. Now it stucks on 15fps. And so are some other programs.
But, like I allready told, I have no idea how to debug more about this
thing.

Another one: I also have in mind that glxgears, started without
parameters on default size, gets me around 45000 fps and now it has
abouot 15000 fps.

Baumi

I did an update and it was not that bad - small performance hit - but not big enough to go back to Compiz. Wow, 45000fps, what card are you using? I get 1800fps with my 8600M GT and Kwin effects enabled, my Dell is getting old!

Manne