On 05/02/2010 08:28 PM, Denis Kobozev wrote:
On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Xavier Chantry
Mozilla actually contradicts itself on this matter. [...]
But just below, the trademark policy then says this :
"Again, any modification to the Mozilla product, including adding to,
modifying in any way, or deleting content from the files included with
an installer, file location changes, added code, modification of any
source files including additions and deletions, etc., will require our
permission if you want to use the Mozilla Marks. If you have any
doubt, just ask us at tradema...@mozilla.com."

Why not do like we're told then, and send them an email? "Arch has
such and such package, with such and such modifications. Firefox logo
is now under MPL and it looks like we can add it to our package. Can
we?".

Denis.

seems that you are not very inform about the lwn article about mozilla and trademark [1].

They don't want us to modifying anything without asking for permission. For us that will never happen because we have shared xulrunner, we use system libs(they don't like that at all).

[1] http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/384828/196108ecd70c38ae/

--
Ionut