[about time we changed the subject]

Joerg,

Even given you are correct about licensing terms (which I do not care to dispute), currently all risk lies on the distributor. Given many distributions have (perhaps wrongly) chosen not to package cdrtools, there is obviously some implied risk. This is to your disadvantage. No amount of emails from you is going to nullify that risk.

Note that of all the people you have at some point claimed agree with you about cdrtools licensing, Eben Moglen is the only one to actually make a public statement and he did not back you up. Even if you now say he was always untrustworty, given you have used him as an example of someone who supported your interpretation makes all other claims of support from other people seem less reliable.

As has been repeatedly asked, we need either 1) a public statement from a laywer who agrees that the license is fine, or 2) a change of license. _Nothing else_ is going to be considered enough for distributions to consider the implied risk distributing your software nullified. Until that point, any further discussion is futile.

Just to be clear, replying without 1) or 2) above is futile.
futile: serving no useful purpose; completely ineffective <efforts to convince him were futile>

Futile...
Allan