On Jul 6, 2010, at 11:25 PM, Dan McGee <dpmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there was one thing I wasn't so fond of in these patches, it seemed
like there were too many.

Some people like larger patches, some like smaller ones. It is easier to merge smaller ones together than it is to split larger ones apart.

The beauty of git is the ability to go back
and squash and split patches in a way that makes a lot more sense to
others- it might not have been the way or order you did things in, but
you should try as hard as possible to make a commit the largest
logical unit that makes sense, but still small enough to grasp fully.

Ya, I wanted to get feedback to see if the larger Arch community was interested before going too much farther.

If there are ever closely-related changes strewn across multiple
patches in a patch set, you should probably think about merging those
commits.

-Dan