On 07/15/2010 02:15 PM, Martín Cigorraga wrote:
Hi Dave,

as usual reader of Arch's lists I've been following your issue and while I
don't have sufficient knowledge nor enough skill with Arch to help you I
second your thought the issue must reside somewhere kernel/KMS/catalyst
module:
currently I'm running a 64bit Arch with a ATI Radeon 5750 HD (1gb) graphic
card with catalyst 10.6.5 from [Catalyst] repo without any much trouble
except composite effect. With previous catalyst-test 10.4.444 everything
worked fine out-of-the-box but now composite is disable on every boot so I
have to manually enable it on log-in by pressing twice Shift+Alt+F12. I have
had to drop old catalyst because it isn't compatible with new Xorg and
recent kernel upgrade and system upgrades but I never experienced these
issues with that package.

Hope this help you somewhat!
Martín

Thanks for your help. Yes, that's what frustrates me as well. I can get a feel for where the problem is, but I don't have the skills to wade into the kernel-boot and module initialization area of Arch to try and fix it. I'll just open a bug and we will go from there.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC