Em 26-07-2010 22:02, Javier Adrián Ortiz de la Tabla escreveu:
How do you get around this:

gdm:x:120:120:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/sbin/nologin

su, gksu say account is not available. Do you just change the :sbin/nologin
part? How -- safely? I've never messed with something like that before.

This is what I use to do, if something is wrong somebody please correct me.

Change :/sbin/nologin to :/bin/bash, then, as root
# su gdm
$ dbus-launch gnome-appearance-properties

Configure according to your needs, then edit /etc/passwd again and
change :/bin/bash to :/sbin/nologin.

It's enough to do (no need to change the shell):
# su -m gdm
$ dbus.....

Armando