> It seems that while most (all?) distributions include a /usr/bin/python3 link
> to their python3.xbinary, none do the same thing for python2.x. Either create
> your own symlink in your path for those distros or even better file a bug
> with them asking for such a symlink. They are going to need one in the future…

I wanted to also clarify something or ask if someone could possibly clarify for
me: where has it been established that Python 3 will become the replacement for
the default Python binary? Is there a possibility that the standard convention
might become python and python3 as binaries, where python is 2.7.x and python3
is the latest release of 3? I'm sure that this has already been discussed
elsewhere or within the Python community itself, so if anyone could just point
me in the direction I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!