On 02/20/11 18:28, David C. Rankin wrote:
The question is "Can I do something in the PKGBUILD to tell pacman
- if the file is already there ->  overwrite it?"

Please don't. Put it in your release notes instead. Don't silently overwrite user-written files!

You might look into configuration management too (the thing that generates *.pacnew files among other things) -- I'm not sure if it'd be useful, but that research might tell you what's been done/discussed before when making /etc files be newly pacman-managed.

-Isaac