Hi all,

As of the next udev release, /dev/.udev has moved to /dev/.run/udev. So, since
we have to update this anyway, I thought this was a good opportunity to review
our persistent net/cd rules functionality.

If I understand correctly, udev allready has support for creating persistent
net/cd symlinks (that we disable by default), and no other distro does anything
beyond that. Furthermore, the udev devs explicitly say that /dev/.udev should
only be used by udev itself.

It is therefore not clear to me why we need this at all. The attached patch
removes it alltogether.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Tom