2011/4/5 János Illés <ija...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 13:18, Magnus Therning <mag...@therning.org> wrote:
>> IMNSHO there are *very* few vim extensions that should ever be
>> installed centrally.  I'd recommend every vim user to embrace
>> GetLatestVimScripts[1] instead.  For the other stuff (read "broken vim
>> extensions") I created vim-scripts-mgr[2].  :-)
>
> I'm interested in the cons of having centrally installed vim plugins.
> For me it seems these things you mentioned are basically doing a job
> of a package manager (keeping track of, and updating files) so why not
> use pacman for this purpose?

Because the vast majority of vim extensions I've come across are
turned on as soon as they are installed, which means that installing
them centrally turns them on for *all* users on the system.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: mag...@therning.org   jabber: mag...@therning.org