On 16/07/11 14:09, XeCycle wrote:
Auguste Pop<augu...@gmail.com>  writes:

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM, XeCycle<xecy...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I need the documents of octave, but it's not in the current octave
package, so I need to compile it manually after each update.  However
the compilation is very time and power consuming, it can drive my CPU to
100 degrees --- which is not very fine for a laptop.

./configure&&  make pdf&&  make install-pdf would be quite fast.

I used to remove the "--disable-docs" in the ./configure parameters.

as a matter of fact, most of the time you spent would be in the
configure stage.

Not really...  At least it's not the case with octave.  It used to take
more than one hour (on my Intel Core i5 430M); with "make -j4" it's
faster, but the CPU temperature shows 100 degrees Celsius.

have you tried to make an independent aur package for yourself?

Does that make a difference?  Still I have to build it myself, and I'm
asking if we can build a docs package in [extra].

The point was that you probably do not actually have to build octave to build the docs.

Anyway, requests on the mailing lists will probably not get seen by the right person. File a feature request on the bug tracker.

Allan