On 07/19/2011 09:24 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
Am Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:12:06 +0300
schrieb Ionut Biru<ib...@archlinux.org>:

I've been criticized a lot because I choose poorly the name for guest
additions.

Right now the packages are like this:

virtualbox-addtitions - contains the iso with guest additions for
linux/windows/etc and is installed on host
virtualbox-guest-additions - contains guest additions only for an
arch linux system as guest.
virtualbo-guest-modules - modules only for an arch linux system as
guest.

Now that virtualbox 4.1 is released I need help choosing this names.

I'd suggest these names:

virtualbox-additions ->  virtualbox-guest-additions

(That's how upstream calls it officially.)

virtualbox-guest-additions ->  virtualbox-arch-additions or
virtualbox-arch-guest-additions

(This way everybody knows that it's Arch related. Btw., I still doubt
that this package is really necessary.)

virtualbox-guest-modules ->  virtualbox-arch-modules or
virtualbox-arch-guest-modules

(Seems to be Arch related, too. But what is it for? Isn't this
included in virtualbox-additions and virtualbox-arch-guest-additions
(the old names) anyway?)

Is it virtualbox guest additions provided for our archlinux guest systems, instead of using the vbox way to mount the iso inside the guest and run ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

In that way the files are handled by pacman and is much more easy maintain the "box".

I guess these names are the most unambiguous names. But, please, don't
make a virtualbox group.

no way :)

Heiko

--