On 22/09/11 06:02, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2011, marshall wrote:

On 22/09/11 04:58, Madhurya Kakati wrote:

Hi,
One of the very few reasons that I still Dual boot windows is that I don't
know how to convert media files from one format to another in Linux. On
windows I use 2 very easy to use softwares namely FormatFactory and
ConvertXToDVD for my needs. Can you guys tell me about any Linux
alternative
to that? I tried installing ConvertXtoDVD using wine. The main program
installs fine but the DVD menu templates, though installed, aren't
detected
by the program and hence I cant use the DVD menus.
Thanks.

  # pacman -Ss devede
community/devede 3.17.0-2 [1.93 MB] [installed]
    A program to create VideoDVDs and CDs

I use devede to put video on to dvds, I haven't found anything yet it can't
convert (mencoder backend).

Ok but how do I create the menus?

Click menu options and have a play. It has enough functions for myself but I only really put single titles on a disc and have them auto play. Also clicking on a titles properties can set a title to loop, play next, play last or stop ... etc

Regards
Marshall