On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:58:44 +0800, Paul Gideon Dann <pdgid...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday 02 Dec 2011 11:54:45 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
Hi,
by default linux mounts the devices with the async option.
You can mount using the sync option, so you are sure that the I/O is
made synchronously.
Just remember: "In case of media with limited number of write cycles
(e.g. some flash drives) "sync" may cause life-cycle shortening."
(from man 8 mount)

Yes, that's probably it.  I don't see "sync" in the mount options, so I'm
guessing it's being mounted async. Shouldn't udev be taking care of this for
usb drives?

By the way, I'm mounting the drive via udisks (from KDE). So noone else is
seeing this?

Paul

Hi,I've got same problem here. I'm using xfce with udiskie and rox instead of thunar for automounting. With 'rox copy' or 'cp', it just immediately ended. From iotop I can see that 'flush' is still active. So my solution is writing a shell script for rox custom menu, in which I put 'sync && udiskie-umount "$@"'.
I hope there is a better way to solve this.

I tried the solution mentioned by Timothy Redaelli about the udev rules, but didn't help.