Nils wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I hope this is not offtopic and I hope to find help here because Archlinux
> has python3 as default python.
>
> I have a software, a Music Notation Editor,  here that can start in a
> one-liner and I need to find a bug that only occurs on some systems.
>
> git clone git://github.com/nilsgey/Laborejo.git && cd Laborejo &&
> ./laborejo-qt.sh
>
> This will download and run my software Laborejo as normal user without
> installing anything. The only modifications to your system are new dir
> .laborejo in your home directory and the downloaded files via git. The only
> dependency is pyqt and git to download it
>
> You will see 5 lines and a symbol. The symbol must be perfectly alingned
> within the five lines (one pixel above can be tolerated). It should look like
> this: http://www.wargsang.de/pyqt-bug-report.jpg
> Do you see that symbol shifted up or down or is it correct?
>
> Could you please answer me with the following information attached: Your
> graphic driver (type ("ati, nvidia, intel" etc. and closed or open source?)
> and desktop enviroment/window manager (Gnome, KDE, xfce, i3 etc.). If you
> want to add more information like qt version or X-Server it would be nice as
> well. Everything display related helps:
> I believe closed nvidia drivers will shift the symbol. I tested it myself on
> ati and intel graphics, both 32 and 64 bit and it looked good, both on Linux
> and Windows. Other users with ati and intel GPU's had no problem. But two
> persons with an nvidia card had the wrong display.
>
> It would be very nice to hear from you!
>
> Nils
> http://www.laborejo.org
>
> *The only modifications to your system are new dir .laborejo in your home
> directory and the downloaded files via git.

        Shifted up (and so are the note heads if I add some notes to the
score). ATI Radeon HD 4350 with the open-source drivers and Awesome
WM on a 64 bits box.

Package versions
----------------

extra/python 3.2.2-2
extra/pyqt 4.9-2
extra/python2 2.7.2-4
extra/python2-pyqt 4.9-2
extra/xf86-video-ati 6.14.3-1
extra/xorg-server 1.11.3-1
archlinuxfr/awesome 3.4.11-3

uname -a
--------

Linux xxxx 3.1.9-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 14 09:11:37 CET 2012
x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ AuthenticAMD
GNU/Linux

                Jerome
--
mailto:jeber...@free.fr