On 02/25/2012 08:12 PM, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:
lauantai, 25. helmikuuta 2012 20:06:28 Andrea Crotti kirjoitti:

Now the next problem is that networkmanager doesn't see any networks,
and wicd tries to connect but
the password is refused.
I think this again has something to do with ConsoleKit and the policies,
is that correct?
Don't know if this has anything to with Networkmanager's way of functioning,
but if you launch awesome trought .xinitrc you have 'ck-launch-session awe..'
in there instead of just 'awesome'. And if you created a file to launch awesome
from the loginmanager you have that there too.

Even more weird, with these daemons

DAEMONS=(dbus
         acpid
         netfs
         wicd
         @alsa
         @bluetooth
         @crond
         @cupsd
         @iptables
         @ntpd
         @openvpn
         @sensors
         @sshd
         @syslog-ng)

and this in inittab:
id:3:initdefault:
# Boot to X11
# id:5:initdefault:

after rebooting GDM still fires up!! But how come? What is firing it up?
And now I'm not even able anymore to choose gnome-classic as session :/

Might be worth to try with a new user, which doesn't have strange settings stored...