On 02/27/2012 10:36 AM, Jason Steadman wrote:
On 27 February 2012 10:34, Andrea Crotti<andrea.crott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I'm trying to remove Gnome from another machine, but here starting Xorg
with startx gives
the following error:

(EE) Microsoft NaturalĀ® Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: failed to initialize for
relative axes.

While GDM works perfectly fine.
How can it make a difference?
And where should be the driver for that keyboard that I can't find
anywhere in aur?

This is the configuration (very simple) of the keyboard from Xorg:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
    Option "XkbLayout" "it"
EndSection

Thanks,
Andrea

Most MS keyboards spit out that error, it's generally harmless.

Well I thought that it was the reason why Xorg was not firing up.
Now I found that it's not, more simply awesome is not installed yet :D