Op 23-02-12 23:45, Tom Gundersen schreef:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Damjan<gdam...@gmail.com>  wrote:
g:
  * /var/run is a symlink (created on boot) to /run. This should be
changed in the future so the symlink is shipped with the filesystem
package, but we have not figured out the transtion yet.
How would that work with systemd where /run is bind mounted on /var/run
(so it requires a /var/run directory) ?
That's not a problem.

systemd checks if /var/run is a symlink, and if so leaves it alone
(this is the preferred way of doing it).

Only if /var/run is a directory, it will by bind-mounted, giving more
or less the same result as the symlink.

Deleting /var/run and replacing it with a symlink is a bit of a
hassle, so even if you are using systemd it might be worth-while to
reboot once with initscripts so this will be done for you.

-t

<This message may be double in the list, but I'm not sure if my previous copy was sent correctly>

Hi,

I'm running systemd.

What exactly is bind-mounted? Current mount information shows:

/run on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755)

I presume this is a bind-mount? So what you're saying is that I should boot with SysV once to convert it into a symlink?

Thanks,

Christian.