> What should an ordinary user do when updating eclipse and he receives the
> message about conflicts and whether xulrunner should be removed?
>
> (I've just been escaping out of the attempted update with ctrl-C, on the
> assumption that this is a temporary situation and will soon be fixed. Is that
> a sensible thing to do, or is there some better way to proceed? It does mean
> that all the other updates are not performed, and that list is getting quite
> long now.)

Wait for a new version of eclipse, or use pactree to figure out which
package to remove:
$  pactree -r xulrunner
$  pactree -r eclipse
Or you can ignore (-syu --ignore ...) the eclipse upgrade, but I
believe that will leave it broken, which suggests you might as well
remove it anyway.
Or you can compile eclipse yourself, against the current xulrunner -
this is probably difficult, and might be a waste of time anyway.