On 06/27/2012 07:55 PM, Thomas Jost wrote:
Le 27 juin 2012 à 17:07 CEST, Arno Gaboury a écrit :
So to sum up this thread, I am left with 3 options with a Nvidia card:
-uninstall Nvidia driver and install Nouveau
-run Nvidia in VGA mode with a low resolution console mode at boot
(couldn't find any trick to het an higher resolution, and I tried
alomost all I found)
-stick with the VESA mode and  this error message .

Am I correct?
On my laptop, before switching to nouveau, I used uvesafb together with
the nvidia driver without any issue (1680x1050 console, yay!). You may
want to give it a try.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uvesafb

Regards,
I was in fact going this way yesterady, when I finally gave up after hours and hours of reading and testing.
I will give a try.