On 15/08/2012 8:05 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Leon Feng <rainofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
Arch is always give user's their options they want.

You can use initscript, even if systemd is the default just like I can
use systemd now when initscript is the default. Switch from one to
another is very easy.  So use systemd as default does not means you
can not use initscript.
This is not what I've been reading on the mailing list. People want to
get rid of initscripts, as maintaining both would be a "burden", and
certain projects behave differently with or without systemd (wedge
strategy).

True, the devs will eventually not want to be burdened with it, but that doesn't
mean you couldn't support a version in your own repository or the AUR no
matter what anyone else does.

Yes, it is a lot of work.

Stephen E. Baker