Using fully updated testing repo - starting 'recently' - I notice that lid close no longer sleeps my laptop.

Kde power is configured to sleep on lid close. If i click the menu and choose sleep manually - it sleeps fine - and subsequently wakes fine on lid-open.

I can confirm with this little shell loop (left running and then close lid and reopen) that acpi shows lid is indeed closed:

while [[ 1 == 1 ]]
> do
> cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state
> sleep 1
> done
state:      open
state:      open
state:      open
state:      open
state:      closed
state:      closed
state:      closed
state:      closed
state:      open
state:      open

So, it -seems- as if lid-event is not being passed along for some reason to the (kde) power management - or not being listened to.

I have not yet switched to systemd - and I'm not sure which process is responsible for such events.

 It still happens with 3.5.4 kernel if that makes any difference.

 It is a W520 lenovo laptop.

 Anyone else notice similar - or can offer suggestions?

 Thanks.

gene/