On 21/11/12 16:00, Sudaraka Wijesinghe wrote:
I start both Apache and MySQL services on boot, and both of them display
the start complete message after the login prompt.

Something like this:
Starting MySQL
Starting Apache
login: [ OK ] MySQL started
[ OK ] Apache started

Although this doesn't break anything it just doesn't look nice. (BTW,
I'm not using any DM and getty is set NOT to clear any boot messages)

I had this exact same problem with certain services spewing messages over my login prompt.

I solved it by adding a slight delay to the startup of the offending service.

That is, I created a file like this:

[Timer]
OnActiveSec=30

And saved it as /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/httpd.timer.

See man systemd.timer for further info.

HTH