On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 07:13:31AM +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Tom Gundersen <t...@jklm.no> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Sander Jansen <s.jan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> uessing for users of NetworkManager there shouldn't be any change.
> >
> > Yeah, NM won't care at all.
> >
> >> And people using 'systemctl enable dhcpcd@eth0' will have to change the
> >> device name?
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Hi Tom, what about netcfg users. I assume we'd need to change
> INTERFACE in all our netcfg profiles, but would simply renaming the
> /etc/network.d/interfaces/{eth,wlan}0 files to the unique names work?

Yes, that will work. I upgraded to this naming scheme last night, and
just changing the names will make it all work fine on the next boot. (If
you don't know what they are exactly, disable the netcfg@xxxxx.service,
run `ip l`, and then edit the /etc/network.d profiles.)

--
William Giokas | KaiSforza
GnuPG Key: 0xE99A7F0F