On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Richter Vania
<richter.va...@yandex.com> wrote:
> With Mozilla Firefox implementing DRM in their source code, I think more
> users - even those who aren't strictly Free Software people - will move to
> GNU IceCat.

No, AFAIU Mozilla Firefox will not "implement DRM in their source".
They will write an open-source wrapper around Adobe's CDM-thingie,
which will end up as a optional plugin at the end user's side.  This
may still mean that more users move towards GNU IceCat though.  Who
knows?

> I know that most IceCat users compile it themselves but I compiling it takes
> a lot of time and a binary package would help those people who don't want to
> use Mozilla Firefox but still want to keep their browser up-to-date.
>
> I know that Arch isn't particularly aligned politically but I see this matter
> as practical, many people are going to switch to GNU IceCat if the DRM is
> implemented.

Providing binary packages for Ice Cat may of course be interesting anyway!

/M

email: mag...@therning.org   jabber: mag...@therning.org