hi

I recently switched to a new laptop and therefore I copied all my wifi-configuration files (/etc/netctl) to the new one. Too bad that the wifi interface has changed (thanks to sysctl) and I wrote a small bash script, which should change the `interface` variable. By the way the script doesn't work very well, but I place it in the same folder with all the wifi-configuration files (/etc/netctl/) and I noticed that the tool `wifi-menu` is executing my script. I don't think this is a big vulnerability nor a bug, but if an attacker has the opportunity to place a bash file there, the system could be damaged by simple executing `wifi-menu`. Yes I know that the folder is not world / user writeable, but maybe some thoughts from the archlinux community?

The reason for executing is sourceing all the files in /etc/netctl, maybe this could be improved by using eval and grep, see [1]

Cheers
Christian Homeyer
H8H

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85726