On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:01 AM, Benjamin Robin <d...@benjarobin.fr> wrote:

> There is a problem with your PKGBUILD. The build performances set aside.
> The PKGBUILD [1] provided in the bug report is built much faster.

There's no difference here, and there shouldn't be anyway, drake can be
multithreaded make-style with the -j flag or by setting the env variable
like it's currently done. Make-style happens to look neater, and the number
of threads is configured by the user instead of being hardcoded in the
PKGBUILD.

> You try to be able to install mkvtoolnix-qt alone without the
> mkvtoolnix-cli package, right ?

Hmm, no?

> Well this cannot work since mkvtoolnix-qt needs the locale/translation.

You don't say. Read the depends array once more.

> And since mkvtoolnix-cli *must* be a dependency of mkvtoolnix-qt,
> there is no point to have the manual mkvinfo-gui.1 which is identical
> to mkvinfo.1. You can if you want create a symbolic link.

Indeed, in that case I'd rather get rid of the duplicates. If it were up to
me, I wouldn't even package the Qt-enabled mkvinfo, the GUI doesn't bring
anyhting more compared to the CLI tool, and if people need a GUI, I would
highly recommend MediaInfo instead.

--
Maxime