On 02/09/2016 09:23 AM, Patrick Burroughs (Celti) wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 09:13:28 +0100
Wolfgang Mader <wolfgang_ma...@brain-frog.de> wrote:
[snip]
For my needs, I want to run "usual" software, specifically R, the
statistics language. Utlimately, I want to bind several physical
hosts together to appear as one host on OS level, such that e.g. htop
would show the total number of cores accross all bound boxes.
What you're describing is a classic clustering environment, like a
Beowulf cluster. Look into something like LinuxPMI/OpenMosix. It'll
never be as smooth as "a single OS on a single logical host across
multiple machines", but it's as close as you'll get.

~Celti
This sounds like the thing I am after.

Much apprechiated!