On On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 09:54 AM, arch-general <arch-
gene...@archlinux.org> wrote:

> >On 2016-10-24 05:56, Allan McRae wrote:

> >*> 1) building gcc to enable PIE by default

> *>

> >I am in the middle of rebuilding gcc with --enable-default-pie. When
it

> >finishes, I will start a todo for rebuilding packages with static
libraries.

> >I also enabled --enable-default-ssp, which means that

> >-fstack-protector-strong will be dropped from our CFLAGS (as it will
be

> >enforced by gcc) on the next opportunity.

> >Bartłomiej

> Does the -enable-default-ssp enforce also -fstack-check=specific to
protect

> from stack clash [1], gentoo do it (except on vlc and tcl which not build

> but those are upstream bugs) [2]

> [1] https://blog.qualys.com/securitylabs/2017/06/19/the-stack-clash

> [2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/Gentoo_Hardened_and_Stack_Clash

> *Pablo Lezaeta*

No it doesn't but original plan [1] was to enable -fstack-check, -fno-plt and
-z,now to default flags in makepkg.conf. I hope Pacman maintainer will add
those before mass rebuild started so everythig will be done at once.

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-
public/2016-October/028405.html

\-- Sent using MsgSafe.io's Free Plan Private, encrypted, online communication
For everyone. https://www.msgsafe.io