Hi all,

I have an arch machine with mate as the desktop. I am using orca all works well, but 1 problem that is driving me crazy is time zone syncrinization. If I get time with orca t, I here the time 4 hours ahead of my local time. For example, If I press orca t for time, it will tell me that it is 15:-01. It is speaking in 24 hour time rather than 12 hour. It is about 11 am eastering at time of writing this message. I am wondering if there is a way to fix this. I installed gnome control center and set it to sync timezone info and to use am-pm but the is not being used dispite the changed. How can I fix this? Thanks. I tried tz select, but not sure whare the file is to set globalble. hanks.

Matthew