Em dezembro 22, 2017 15:01 Leonid Isaev via arch-general escreveu:

I'm sorry for an unrelated question, but why is it really necessary to make a
new container for each pkg? It seems lots of unnecessary copies (I think
rsync(1) call in makechrootpkg doesn't do hardlinks)...

A new container is *spawned*, not made. You don't have lots and lots of copies.

I understand the issue about getting unlisted deps in packages, but in my
experience this problem is minor. So just boot a build container and ssh in
there as a non-root user (in fact, you don't even need root inside the
container). And keep it clean. At least this has worked for me for years.

Keep in mind that root inside a container is not equal root outside it. But
we use the build user as well inside the container.

Also, with newer -ARCH kernels, you can do non-privileged containers, so
makechrootpkg should run as a ordinary user to begin with...

It already runs as an ordinary user. The container itself is ran as root,
but the actual build happens as the calling user.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini