On 4/12/19 4:23 PM, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
On Fri, 2019-04-12 at 15:50 +0200, leoutat...@gmx.fr wrote:
On 4/12/19 3:33 PM, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
OTOH I sometimes still use a discontinued helper.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
yaourt is discontinued.
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
More important:

"Warning: AUR helpers are not supported by Arch Linux. You should become
familiar with the manual build process in order to be prepared to
troubleshoot problems." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

Jeanette didn't mention to use a helper at all.

Sure. I wrote:
"I use Trizen when i really need to use Aur
helper." It's usefull to search/test/install packages with a lot of
dependencies. Most of time, it's useless.
It's like Arch: know what we are doing, otherwise, do not do it... :)

--
Maderios