On 12/24/19 10:54 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

On 12/24/19 9:04 AM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi DR,

Recently, a couple of KDE apps I use - most notably kalarm - have gotten
their fonts screwed up.  I usually use non-antialiased fonts.

As in bitmap fonts?  Could it be anything to do with KDE's adjustment
for the Pango change that dropped support for bitmap fonts?
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/issues/386

No this isn't due to bitmap fonts.  The font in question is a TTF. (Arial from ttf-ms-fonts.)

Issue seems to be that after upgrading to qt 5.14.0, kalarm ignores the settings to not antialias the font.  When I downgrade back to 5.13.2, the problem goes away.

DR

Following up on a previous thread, as I still haven't been able to solve this issue. In the screenshot at http://darose.net/Screenshot_2020-01-08_16-58-43.png you can see that kalarm is using anti-aliased fonts, while other KDE and QT5 based apps (like kinfocenter and qps) both correctly display the non-anti-aliased ones.

When I launch kalarm at the command line, it does say "qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin", as it should. But I'm still pretty stumped about what in the qt 5.14 upgrade caused this to break. Any pointers appreciated!

DR