On 11-01-2020 10:09, Georg wrote:

You can use the ALA [0] to update to a specific date.
Pick a date not too far before the first zst packages roll in, update (keyring first) and then you should be able to use the current mirrors.

[0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive#How_to_restore_all_packages_to_a_specific_date

I agree with georg about using the ALA, but not about picking a recent date.

Shadrock,

before doing any updates I suggest you backup your system and reboot.

This will allow you to verify whether your start point is in good condition.

check the news items after your last reboot , https://www.archlinux.org/news/

Verify which items that require manual intervention apply to your system.

If yes, use a date just before the news item and set the ALA to that date.

Update, reboot, solve problems (if any)

then set the ala data just after the news date and

Update, reboot, solve problems (if any) .

repeat for all news items

This will allow you to break 2+ years of updates / reboots in small pieces.

LW