I'm not sure how/why (or when it started) but pulseaudio is disabling auto-mute mode on my laptop. Normally when you plug in headphones, speakers get muted. However, every time PA starts up, it disables that auto-mute feature. (I then have to go into alsamixer and manually re-enable it.) Not a huge issue, but definitely a nuisance.

It's definitely PA that's responsible: if I enable auto-mute, then do "pulseaudio --kill", the setting immediately gets disabled. I've followed the instructions at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting#Auto-Mute_Mode and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#Disabling_auto_mute_on_startup - i.e., change the setting to enabled, and then alsactl store. However, that's obviously having no impact, since pulseaudio later *overrides* the alsa setting when it starts up.

Anyone else having similar issue? Or have any idea what the issue is / how to fix? (Or link to an open bug report?)

Thanks,

DR