Hi,

BTW, I just realized kmail doesn't support autocrypt either, :(  So defnitely
kontact is not an alternative.

did you stick on something now? I'm using Thunderbird for seveal years now, switched to Evolution for short times from time to time, but some things were also annoying like the big status bar which seems to be independent of the screen size and theme. I remember using Kontact 10 years ago and it was bloated and I got no idea why the whole Akonadi layers exists and if it would scale. Somehow it's a pity that Sylspheed / Claws and other clients are not capable of using CardDav/CalDav.

Regards
Bjoern