On 09.11.20 17:27, Jens John wrote:
Just don't bother with Arch's release cycle and use Mozilla's build, either
directly (with auto updates) or through
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thunderbird-bin/.

That's what I did not. I uninstalled the thunderbird package completely and used Mozilla's build with auto update until Arch finally gets the needed security updates shipped.

If there is a small percentage of Arch users which has issues with GPG, maybe it would be better to ship TB 78 and this small percentage of users uses Mozilla builds until the pending bugs are fixed? This would provide a more secure environment for the Arch userbase...

Manuel