Hi David,

the "description" is probably a "description" in
/var/lib/pacman/local/*/.

I still had no time trying to fix the issue, hence I still get:

9 times "warning: rxvt: unknown key 'makepkgopt' in package description" and
9 times "warning: gtk2_prefs: unknown key 'makepkgopt' in package description"

However, if it should be an entry or a missing entry in
/var/lib/pacman/local/*/, then I don't know what entry it is.

• rocketmouse@archlinux ~
$ strings /var/lib/pacman/local/gtk2_prefs-*/* | grep -i makepkgopt
• rocketmouse@archlinux ~
$ echo $?
1

FWIW it seems to be unrelated to the issue, but I run

  diff /etc/pacman.conf /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew

and

  diff /etc/makepkg.conf /etc/makepkg.conf.pacnew

to find out that on my install /etc/pacman.conf is still good, but
/etc/makepkg.conf does differ a lot.

Regards,
Ralf